Fill in: Tradition, stroll, concept, support, honour, priority, child.
1.My schoolwork is my top _____. 2. We like to exchange gifts on New Year’s Day. It is a family _____.
3. I can’t understand the ______ behind this machine. What is it supposed to do? 4. It is a great ______ for me to be part of your research team. 5. Without my husband’s ______ I wouldn’t have made it in the fashion business.
6. We’re sorry! You cannot use the Internet during work hours. It’s out company’s _______. 7. My husband is an only _______.
He has no brothers or sisters. 8. After we did the washing up, we went for a _____ in the park.
Match the descriptions to the family members.
She is my sister’s daughter.
He is my daughter’s son.
He used to be married.
She is my husband’s sister.
He is my mum’s new husband.
III. Put the verbs into Present Simple, Past Simple or Future Simple.
1.I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock every day. 2. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock yesterday. 3. I (to go) to bed at ten o’clock tomorrow. 4. I (not to go) to the cinema every day.
5. I (not to go) to the cinema yesterday. 6. I (not to go) to the cinema tomorrow. 7. You (to watch) TV every day?
8. You (to watch) TV yesterday? 9. You (to watch) TV tomorrow? 10. When you (to leave) home for school every day?
11. When you (to leave) home for school yesterday? 12. When you (to leave) home for school tomorrow?
13. My brother (to go) to work every day. He (to leave) home at a quarter past eight.
IV. Complete the sentences with the following prepositions: About, to, of, for.
1.Margaret feels very close ___ her sister-in-law. 2. Aren’t you ashamed ___ treating her that way? 3. Frank has a great deal of respect ____ his teacher. 4. William is very attached ___ his friends at school.
5. Couples often argue ___ money.
Fill in: Across, into, over, up with, down with.
1.Dan came ______ some great ideas for his grandparents’ anniversary celebration. 2. The workers came ______ some ancient ruins while digging at the construction site. 3. We would like to come _____ tonight if that’s alright with you. 4. My body aches and I feel hot.
I think I’m coming ____ the flu. 5. She came ____ a lot of money when her uncle died.